Monday, July 12, 2010

Relay for Life




It's that time of year again! Caledon's Relay for Life build team is being lead by Mr Volare. A wonderful bunch of builders have been attending meetings... and I have not. 5 am ozzie morning time!

So while I was invited to join them, as time passed it seemed less and less likely that i would be able to contribute.
Finally I was free of other commitments and on line at the same time as the rest of the world and I contacted Miss Fog and Mr Volare and was encouraged to take on the forecourt for the build they had begun up on the platform above their sim

It seemed a huge job.
Especially when I wasn't feeling up to speed on the big picture. I re-read all my note cards and blundered around with prims for 36 hours. I managed to build a gazebo but little else that was inspiring me.
Finally I went to the actual Relay for Life site and saw our place and was both excited and devastated to see we had topography!
Ditch all original plans. no loss they were dull
.
As it is, what I have built isn't exciting... exactly... but I think it does what it should. Welcomes and entices. Yeh?
Pond

Bridge

Water fowl

No comments: