Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Castle Jayjay/Shapinsay


Jayleden wanted to build a new castle for Jamie. I am not sure.. I think Jay and I were going to build it together? Umm well, I got keen and started without waiting for the team to arrive....

It was to be a surprise for Jamie. Jay said there were some stained glass panels in the house they already had that he would want incorporated. He wanted it roughly the same size. He'd like a dance space. Verandas. 2 floors of dungeons.

I started with a few photos from Google Image. Showed jay and asked for his opinions and then off I went. The textures are from Textures R Us. Best place in SL to get textures. Second best for me has been Harbingers Haven. Theirs are free and a great range of ones that suit were I build.
Eager Jay was asked a few questions mid building and he couldn't wait to get Jamie's input, so Jamie got to see his castle a little sooner than planned. Jamie then went home and dug a somewhat generous hole to accommodate the castle. Net result being that by the time I placed the castle in place, its subterranean levels were exposed!

A few texture fixes later the castle was in fine shape and instead of being land-locked, it now has a moat! What a great idea!


I love this castle. I think the two Js do too and I have ti for sale now at Winterfell Fathom

1 comment:

Capt. Red Llewellyn said...

just amazing! ....i must see it...but two dungeons?? really? two? WOW! [grins] what would you do with a spare?
~Capt. Red