Saturday, June 20, 2009

Making Dresses

I went for a wander the other day and ended up in Nix Sands' shop and I am just so impressed with the tiny things he is making!
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Axis%20Mundi/29/161/28
Nix is making things for Loco Poco tinies. Very detailed, lovely things.
My new resolution is to give the detail a bit more attention.
Today I fiddled on a dress I began sometime in the last couple of days t'il it was done. I was making Flora Moppet. Pretty floral with stripes and lace. She even has fancy drawers under her full length skirt

I got her into vendors and onto SLexchange and then considered how many designers in SL create a range on the same style. So I went and played in paint.net, created a texture in pinks and browns which are on of my current favourite colour combos and tadah! Coco Moppet is born! All original textures. And a lot of fun to make and wear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

paint.net - Rory Serpente and his twin, the spirit of Wil Beaumont, smile, and offer no apology to Photoshop.

Anonymous said...

oops forgot this part -

Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.

Get it here and free, you will not regret it -

- http://paint.net/

System Requirements
Minimum System

* Windows XP (SP2 or newer), or
Windows Vista, or
Windows 7, or
Windows Server (2003 SP1 or newer)
* 256 MB RAM (Rec: 512 MB or more)
* 1024 x 768 screen resolution
* 200+ MB hard drive space

I have no connection with Paint.NET other than as a very happy user.