Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stuff from Thursday

Tanglewood, consolidation and little things.
First off, if you can listen while you read, go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tHEGo-g3mw
and listen to From Little things Big Things Grow.
I happen to like this song. You dont have to, but I guess if you listen to it while you read then it will be a similar effect to when I wrote it! (Though mine is an album version and has Ernie Dingo playing a piece of plastic pipe for a didgeridoo!)

I am not about to climb too far into my navel right now but will write briefly on the latest change to land holdings in sl.
Today I gave away the block of land at Steelhead. It has been on my mind for a couple of months now. I simply dont get to Steelhead often enough to feel my roots are there. I have flittered in and out of a couple of dances, but with time scant enough to barely open my mouth before I have had to tp out again.

My real life gets more complicated and the thing is that I take my sl communities seriously. I looked at how things were and decided I was simply trying to spread myself too thin. I loved the spot in Steelhead, but I hated leaving it as an empty building, even if it was a shop. I don't like empty sims.
One of the things I like about Southend is the constant flow of people and a steady of regulars.
(Audrey Fotherington waves at the yellow spot on the mini map that is Alastair Whybrow)
I don't like being a contributing factor to another sim being the sort of place I dont like. The sterile wastelands of pretty but unpopulated sl.

So I decided to let the block go. I struggled with the 'how to' part of it. I didn't want to pass it to just anyone, and I didn't want to waste my life trying to sell something that had already repaid me in pleasure what it had cost me to buy. The challenge then was to find someone deserving.
I didn't want to yell.."block for free" as I was sure that would attract the sort of tenant that might not be the best for Steelhead down the track. Finally today I got a nibble to my call for some one to take over caring for my block. And it was Lunar enquiring on behalf of some one else. I was delighted because if he was enquiring then he must approve of the person. 15 minutes later it was all handed over. The only thing I asked of her was that when she has had enough of the block, could she be as generous to the next person.
I wont check, or mind if she doesn't, but I like to hope that the random acts of kindness that have fallen my way in SL, which I have tried to pass on, will continue to trickle through.


So I consolidate my future into Caledon. Taz and I added to our holdings and finally bought a block of land in Tanglewood from Starlight Vandeverre. At the moment we don't really have a grand plan. Maybe a tree house? gardens? Bunnies who worship you?

So for the time being, I am throwing tree trunks around. I have rezzed the punkin home and taz has installed his phone booth.

Home sweet Home!

1 comment:

Edward Pearse said...

If it's a block in Tanglewood maybe a Bunyip watering hole :-)