Monday, March 24, 2008

Neck Deep in IMs

Hmmmm
You know when you first join SL you pass a lot of people doing nothing. You wonder to yourself "are they off getting a cup of tea?"
Most likely not.
Most likely they are neck deep in IMs.
You've been in SL a little while? You know what I mean. Today at Kuula Eric cried out that he had 12 windows open - so I know it isn't just me.
And the more windows I have open the more likely I am to type in the wrong one!
The stress is building...

Remember earlier I told you I don't do parties in RL? Well it means that up to now, I have pretty much dealt with one on one situations... or very small groups. So this mass of windows is taking me some where I haven't gone before and I fear today I stuffed it up.

Overwhelmed and terse I was. Oh dear. And IMing isn't the best form of communication anyway. Audrey waits for the next time to see which friendships have survived!

2 comments:

aykayem said...

LOL
... that sounds just like the old SCQ ICQ chat on one of those nights that killed it - the times when there were 3 people in my chat, 2 different ones in yours, one each of those, and one or 2 other ones in with Bundy or Grasshopper, and 4 more who couldn't get in to anybody's because 2 had firewalls set up the "wrong" way and 3 were trying to use ICQ Lite ... and I know that doesn't all add up ... things like that never did - LOL

Cathy said...

LOL.. I was just chatting in SL about the old ICQ days..... I used to miss them... but not since SL.Wouldn't look back except to reminis. Oh boy did I have troubles being one of the two macs!Every fairwall hated me!