Friday, November 19, 2010

Heart of Gold


This morning I walked into SL to make a very hard thing happen. I was coming to pack up my homes. I wandered round Brissa (the cheap one) and decided that it was cheaper than anywhere else and if I could possibly afford to stay anywhere, I could perhaps keep that... So I went to Caledon Downs to pack up there. My bunnies hopped round me, the butterflies flittered round... and before I knew it, I had paid my meters another week.

I couldn't do it.
I hopped into ISC and confessed that I hadn't been able to pack up after all, and that I would remain landed for another week.
A voice popped up on screen and a sum of money tumbled into my account. I have an anonymous donor. Some one who would like me to stay a little longer. The sum of money passed back and forth for a while. I am not comfortable with such generosity. It is not like I am poor at all. It is just that I need to use what I have in RL now.
So I am the humblest person in Caledon and thank the anonymous donor from the bottom of my heart

3 comments:

Aunt Foggy said...

Auds,
Add my thanks to whoever it was that helped convince you to stay awhile longer :)
Landed or not we love you and want to see you around.
But it is nice to have a little place to call "home" and hang up your hat.
Hugs to Taz for being one of the good ones :)
And congratulations on your RL homebuilding as well!

Edward Pearse said...

When I sold my plot in Victoria City, it was harder than it should have been. If it had still been my home, I don't think I would have been able to do it.

It's nice to see there are still some white knights around to help.

Cathy said...

I finally begged the donor to accept his money back. I would love him to feel the full force of my gratitude as the gesture was what mattered. I feel strongly that not having land in Caledon is a choice. I could stay laned.. if I gave up other things. So I will choose not to and then be happy with my choice because the other destination for my cash will be a better thing. A real tangible home. Pity the people who have no choices