Sunday, November 7, 2010

Runs Cold

My blood runs cold when I see the games some people play with the lives of innocent and trusting people.
In Rl and SL I watch as people are manipulated. It's hard to know what to do. Do you mind your own business? Is that what a citizen of the world does?
So far I have no proof that interfering helps at all, so I stay uninvolved, but feel guilty.
When I first joined SL I felt there was an interest in the social development inside SL. There was discussion about immersion and role play. Society and peer pressure to behave appropriately. I haven't seen much of that lately, but maybe I haven't been looking.
I have a lot of time for the way SL helps people bond and interact. I am interested in how we behave with each other.


I have heard often enough people seeking to avoid "drama".
I guess I am not one of them exactly. Drama is life to me. It is feelings and emotions. It is what happens when people interact and things don't go perfectly. And how can they?
I wish to be involved in the lives of people. I feel dead when I do not share the emotions of anyone around me.

But I draw the line at creating dramas.

Drama creators:
Two sorts that I know of:
Attention seekers who are crying over one thing or another. I have some patience for these. I feel sorry that their lives need this drama to fill an emptiness. I try not to be one of these but maybe I am too public with my hand wringing at times so I won't pretend to be above this category.

The one I have no time for is the one who uses other people to create situations. That person gloats like a puppet master, messing and deceiving. Lies and more lies. Drawing in innocents in a greedy bid to make their false world bigger and bigger. This behavior isn't a game, it isn't role play because only one person has the whole truth. It is manipulative and it is a disgrace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audrey your own words are -

"The one I have no time for is the one who uses other people to create situations. That person gloats like a puppet master, messing and deceiving. Lies and more lies. Drawing in innocents in a greedy bid to make their false world bigger and bigger. This behavior isn't a game, it isn't role play because only one person has the whole truth. It is manipulative and it is a disgrace."

Surely this is exactly what your stalking of Mia, both as Audrey and as Devon your self-confessed alt and any other alts was.

My question to you is related to the old saying about people in glass houses.

It is - Do you have the honesty, integrity and courage to tick the box that allows this comment of mine to become public?

Rory Serpente (formerly Wilberforce Beaumont) rserpente@gmail.com should anyone wish to comment directly to myself.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

I can allow this post to remain as I don't fear it. I have always held my behavior to the highest standard